Marketing for roofers is important for a roofing business to stay ahead of its competition. As a roofing contractor in Toledo, taking the time to go out and measure roofs, run a business, be a father and handle my marketing can be to much for one guy to handle. Although I believe it, I really am not superman.
I have been looking around online, and have come across a few things that roofers can do to increase traffic to their website and social media assets. I have yet to do some of these things,but maybe it will be helpful to someone else.
Here is a brief checklist on things I have learned so far.
Marketing Strategy for Roofers
- 1. YouTube video’s pull a lot of weight. Roofers should create quick videos on some work or quick tips for do it yourselfers.
- 2. SEO – generate back links to my homepage. I don’t really have the time or the money to hire someone to do this for me. I’ve decided to commit to one blog comment a day using my URL.
- 3. Social Networking- Google+, Facebook and Twitter. What about Pinterest? I can think of some pretty good categories for a Pinterest account. Roofers have shingles, homes and plenty of pictures they can take of those assets.
- 4. Network with other roofing companies or businesses similar to your industry.
- 5. Blog more! Roofers have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to their trade. I can think of a million informative blogs to write about your home and its roofing.
- 6. Continue educating myself on how to improve my marketing strategy
- 7.Yes…You need more time to do all of these things, however an hour a day isn’t to much to ask. Especially when its not football season!
I found this video about how to help manage my twitter account on Roofers Marketing Blog.