Unless you have a budget for roofing repairs, you should check and evaluate whether or not you need to make a major repair or if you can just do simple repairs on your own. Minor roof problems that you can fix by yourself through do- it- yourself instructions are minor tearing shingles and even small holes on your flashing. If there is a more complicated situation, a roofer must be sought right away in order to prevent further damage.
Roofing Repairs: When Do You Call for the Experts
- 1. Multiple leaks on the shingles, flashing, and the roof itself. Check the corners!
- 2. Wicking leaks across the wall and you are unable to trace the leak.
- 3. The treatments you have applied are not holding.
- 4. Damage on the wood and other areas.
- 5. You don’t have the time or the ability to make the roofing repairs yourself.
When you are about to choose for your roofing contractor, look for the following factors in order to find the most reputable contractor there is to take care of your roofing repairs:
- Often times, roof problems occur due to lack of maintenance, weathering, faulty design or problems with your flashing. Extensive repairs of the roof requires to be attended by the experts. Choose the best contractors to do the task. DW Roofing and construction is a roof contracting company located in Toledo,Ohio. We serve Michigan and Ohio areas. Call us and check out our reviews if you need our help.1. Ask for proofs that their business exist. Documentations such as licenses, business permits, and the like should be readily made available by the contractor for your perusal.
- 2. Check the contractor’s track record by asking for a list of past projects and customers for references.
- 3. Look for proofs that the contractor is insured and has coverage for both material warranties and the worker’s liability coverage.
- 4. Check for any complaints against the contractor from previous customers. If there is any, investigate for its details. You should whether the issue has been resolved or if it really the contractor’s fault.
- 5. Discuss the proposal and contract very well and make sure that everything is laid out clearly before you go and sign the deal.
Author Dave Weinbrecht